Maggie LOVES to pose for photos and you can now see her on our Staff Page!
Over the last few weeks Maggie has settled in well. She enjoys sitting on her special mat with her favourite treats! Maggie is starting to get used to the sights, smells and noises of school now. Over the next few months Maggie will be spending more time in classrooms
This week Maggie has been introduced to her harness and coat, both match our school colours. She has been working hard on making contact with the objects and is given a treat in order to make these two important pieces of equipment positive things she wants to wear.
Maggie has also been working on the following:
- Lying on her mat with her head down.
- Making eye contact.
- Making contact with a hand close to the floor.
- Responding to her name.
- Walking by herself from her bed to go to her designated area to do wee and poo.
- Chasing a ball and bring it back.
- Visiting classrooms and allowing the children to give her a stroke and a treat.
- Outside of school Maggie has enjoyed going on a short walk at night, visiting the park and spending time with her good friend Jess.
Over the last few weeks Maggie has started her training. She has had several sessions so far and we have been told she is being a star pupil! She enjoys working with Siobhan and Tony. She is having to do lots of homework in between her sessions, but she doesn’t really mind because she gets lots of treats to help her learn.
Maggie has the comfiest bed in the whole wide world..but still hangs out of it whilst she sleeps!
What do you think Maggie is dreaming about?
Yes you guessed it! Maggie has been given some fantastic tasting dog biscuits from George Street Canteen and has all the equipment she needs thanks to the staff at Quadrant Pet Supplies
Click here for more information.